Shevchenko Valeryi Pavlovich | Institute of Molecular Genetics
Doctor of Chemistry
Division of IMG:
Laboratory of isotopically labeled physiologically active substances
Main research interests
Peptides’ stability and metabolism were equally studied both in vitro and in vivo. The efficiency of peptide delivery to living organisms’ organs and tissues was analyzed. The evidence obtained is of a high value for the optimization of the transport of biologically active compounds to the target organs. Resistance of peptides introduced to living organisms by different methods was examined
Awards, achievements, memberships
1987 – Silver Medal of the USSR Permanent Exhibition of Economic Achievements.
1999 – Diploma # 26 of the 1999 Prize Winner of the International Academic Publishing Company “Nauka/Interperiodica” for the series of publications in Radiokhimia Journal , “Development of methods of tritium label incorporation in biologically active compounds”.
2006 – First Degree Diploma for the best article of 2006 V.V.Bezuglov , N.M.Gretskaya, A.V.Blazhenova, E.L.Andrianova, M.G.Akimov, M.Yu.Bobrov, I.V.Nazimov, M.A.Kisel’, O.L.Sharko, A.V.Novikov, N.V.Krasnov, V.P.Shevchenko, K.V.Shevchenko, T.V.Vyunova, N.F.Myasoedov “Arachidonoyl amino acids and arachidonoyl peptides: Synthesis and properties” //Russian Journal of Bioorganic Chemistry. 2006. Vol.32. Issue 3. P.231-239. DOI: 10.1134/S1068162006030046.
In 2008 through 2015, 43 articles and 22 abstracts were published, 18 patents granted.
The most significant publications of 2008 – 2015:
- D.L.Aminin, V.P.Shevchenko, I.Yu.Nagaev, R.V.Gladkikh, I.I.Kapustina, G.N.Likhatskaya, S.A.Avilov, V.A.Stonik “The use of tritium-labeled triterpene glycosides from the holothurian Cucumaria japonica in pharmacokinetic studies” //Doklady Biological Sciences. 2008. Vol.422. Issue 1. P.345-347 DOI: 10.1134/S0012496608050207.
- T.V.Vyunova, K.V.Shevchenko, V.P.Shevchenko, V.V.Bezuglov, N.F.Myasoedov “A biotechnological procedure for preparing short peptides and their radioactively labeled analogs for estimating specific binding of Semax and its metabolites in various sections of rat brain” //Radiochemistry. 2009. Vol.51. Issue 2. P.183-189. DOI: 10.1134/S1066362209020167.
- V.P.Shevchenko, I.Yu.Nagaev, N.F.Myasoedov “The efficiency of solvent-free catalyst systems in the synthesis of tritium-labelled biologically active compounds” //J.Label.Comp.Radiopharm. 2010. vol.53. Issue 1-12. Р.693-703. DOI: 10.1002/jlcr.1828.
- V.P.Shevchenko, V.V.Bezuglov, M.Yu.Bobrov, I.Yu.Nagaev, N.F.Myasoedov “Introduction of hydrogen isotopes into Win 55212 and CP 55940, selective agonists of cannabinoid receptors” //Radiochemistry. 2010. Vol.52. Issue 3. P.330-334. DOI: 10.1134/S1066362210030197.
- V.P.Shevchenko, I.Yu.Nagaev, K.V.Shevchenko, M.G.Chernysheva, G.A.Badun, V.M.Fedoseev, N.F.Myasoedov “Solid-phase synthesis of deuterium- and tritium-labeled dopamine using carbon nanomaterials” //Radiochemistry. 2011. Vol.53. Issue 3. P.336-340. DOI: 10.1134/S1066362211030192.
- K.V.Shevchenko, T.V.Vyunova, L.A.Andreeva, I.Yu.Nagaev, V.P.Shevchenko, N.F.Myasoedov “Proteolysis of Pro-Gly-Pro-Leu in the hippocampus, cerebellum, and cerebral cortex in rats after intravenous injection” //Bulletin of Experimental Biology and Medicine. 2014. Vol.158. Issue 1. P.37-41. DOI: 10.1007/s10517-014-2686-7.
- V.P.Shevchenko, G.A.Badun, I.A.Razzhivina, I.Yu.Nagaev, K.V.Shevchenko, N.F.Myasoedov “Efficiency of the isotope exchange between sodium 4-phenylbenzoate and tritium under different activation conditions” //Doklady Physical Chemistry. 2015. Vol.463. Issue 2. P.182-187. DOI: 10.1134/S0012501615080060.
- V.P.Shevchenko, I.A.Razzhivina, M.G.Chernysheva, G.A.Badun, I.Yu.Nagaev, K.V.Shevchenko, N.F.Myasoedov “Efficiency of isotope exchange between sodium 4-phenylbenzoate and activated tritium” //Radiochemistry. 2015. Vol.57. Issue 3. P.312-320. DOI: 10.1134/S1066362215030121.
- V.P.Shevchenko, A.S.Radilov, I.Yu.Nagaev, К.V.Shevchenko, V.R.Rembovskii, N.F.Myasoedov “Influence of the conditions of deuterium and tritium labeling of His-Phe-Arg-Trp-Pro-Gly-Pro oligopeptide on the isotope exchange efficiency” //Radiochemistry. 2015. Vol.57. Issue 5. P.542-545. DOI: 10.1134/S1066362215050161.
N.F.Myasoedov, V.P.Shevchenko, I.Yu.Nagaev, A.Susan “Tritium-traced saxitoxin dihydrochloride and method for the production thereof” Patent US7576202 B2 (18.08.2009).