Makarova Irina Vladimirovna | Institute of Molecular Genetics
Doctor of Philosophy (Biology)
without academic rank
Division of IMG:
Sector of development in molecular genetics
Main research interests
Experimental embryology of mammals.
1980-1982. Timing of mouse zygote and early embryo development. Study of mouse zygote ultrastructure. First detection of endogenous intracisternal type A particles in early mouse zygotes.
Experimental embryogenetics of mammals. Transgenes.
1982-1988. Production and analysis of transgenic mice with different genes first in USSR. Microinjections of recombinant DNA in mouse zygotes. Study of integration sites and rearrangements of foreign DNA in the genome of transgenic mice and drosophila and its offspring. Study of the transgene expression in different organs and tissues and at different stages of transgenic mouse development. First cloning of the DNA fragment of a transgenic mouse containing an integrated recombinant plasmid. First study of structural features of the integration site of foreign DNA in the transgenic mouse genome.
Experimental bases of human gene therapy.
1986-1991. Taking part in the molecular cloning of the human insulin gene, alpha-I-antitrypsin gene, angiogenin gene and erythropoietin gene first in USSR. Study of its structure and functions for the future practical use.
Experimental molecular genetics of cell. Gene targeting in embryonic stem cells. Using of transgenic animals in the study of gene functions.
1991-1992. Study of vimentin tail domain role in its assembly into intermediate filaments of the cytoskeleton. First mapping in a conserved region of the vimentin gene RDG-coding region, the deletion of which due to the disassembly of intermediate filaments. The work was done in the University of Cincinnati (Cincinnati, Ohio, USA)
1992-1997. First in Russia the gene targeting in embryonic stem cells was done for the study of platelet-derived growth factor A-chain (PDGF-A). Targeting cassette construction was done in La Jolla Cancer Research Foundation (San Diego, California, USA). Transformation of mouse embryonic stem cells and selection of clones with homological recombination for the preparation of chimeric mice with a "knockout" genome was done in Russia.
2006-2015. Study of the activity of error-prone DNA polymerase iota in different organs and tissues of different animals during the periods of its ontogeny. Production of transgenic mice and fishes with human DNA polymerase iota gene. Analysis of transient expression and activity of foreign DNA in loach and mouse embryos.
2010-2015. Production and analysis of transgenic mice with human trim14 gene.
- Miller GG, Makarova IV, Iazykov AA. Detection of endogenous intracisternal type A particles in early mouse zygotes. Biull Eksp Biol Med. 1983 Jul; 96(7):94-96 (in Russian).
- Gazaryan KG, Gening LV, Neznanov NS, Andreeva LE, Makarova IV, Kuznetsova ED, Kosikov AI, Baranov YuN, Kucheryavy VV, Alexeeva MV, Таrantul VZ. Microinjections of recombinant DNAs containing the thymidine kinase gene of the herpes virus and the retrovirus sequences into mouse zygote.Mol Gen Mikrobiol Virusol. 1984 Oct; (10):22-28 (in Russian).
- Tarantul VZ, Makarova IV, Andreeva LE, Smirnova MB, Gazaryan TG, Kuznetsova ED. DNA of the simian adenovirus and its expression in organs of the offspring of transgenic mice. Mol Gen Mikrobiol Virusol. 1986 Jan; (1):22-26 (in Russian).
- Tarantul VZ, Kucheriavy VV, Makarova IV, Baranov IuN, Begetova TV, Andreeva LE, Smirnova MB, Gazaryan KG. Cloning of the DNA fragment of a transgenic mouse containing an integrated recombinant pllasmid. Mol Biol (Mosk). 1986 Jan-Feb; 20(1):278-287 (in Russian).
- Tarantul VZ, Kucheriavy VV, Makarova IV, Baranov YuN, Begetova TV, Andreeva LE, Gazaryan KG. Rearrangements of microinjected recombinant DNA in the genome of transgenic mice. Mol Gen Genet. 1986 May; 203(2):305-311.
- Kosikov AI, Tarantul VZ, Makarova IV, Andreeva LE, Nekliudova IV, Beniumov AO, Gazaryan KG. Transcription in frog oocytes and transgenic mice of recombinant plasmids with long terminal repeats of retrovirus proviruses. Mol Gen Mikrobiol Virusol. 1986 Oct; (10):21-26 (in Russian).
- Tarantul VZ, Makarova IV, Andreeva LE, Gazaryan KG. A study of globin gene expression in transgenic mice: analysis of the problem. Folia Haematol. Int Mag Klin Morphol Blutforsch. 1987; 114(4):504-507.
- Neznanov NS, Troianovskiy BM, Gartel' AL, Makarova IV, Bendukidze KA, Gazaryan KG. Molecular cloning of the human insulin gene. Mol Gen Mikrobiol Virusol. 1987 Jul; (7):14-15 (in Russian).
- Makarova IV, Tarantul VZ, Gazaryan KG. Structural features of the integration site of foreign DNA in the transgenic mouse genome. Mol Biol (Mosk). 1988 Nov-Dec; 22(6):1553-1561 (in Russian).
- Neznanov NS, Makarova IV, Kramerova IA, Gazaryan KG. Cloning of human alpha I-antitrypsin gene and possible aspects of its utilization. Biopolimery i kletka. 1989 Mar-Apr; 5(2):43-47 (in Russian).
- Tarantul VZ, Rodionov AV, Makarova IV, Gol'tsov VA, Chelysheva LA, Hutinaeva MA, Gaginskaja ER, Gazaryan KG. Molecular and cytological analyses of the transcription of evolutionarily conservative moderately repetitive sequences of vertebrate genomes. Tsitologiia. 1989 Jun; 31 (6):619-625 (in Russian).
- Neznanov NS, Makarova IV, Kramerova IA, Bendukidze KA, Bozhkov VM, Gazaryan KG. Several copies of angiogenin gene are presented in the mammalian genome. Mol Biol (Mosk). 1990 May-Jun; 24(3):709-715 (in Russian).
- Nabirochkin SD, Georgieva SG, Begetova TV, Georgiev PG, Makarova IV, Gerasimova TI, Gazaryan KG. Induction of unstable mutations in Drosophila melanogaster by microinjection of oncogenic virus DNA into the embryo polar plasma. Insertional nature of mutations. Genetika. 1991 Apr; 27(4):609-616 (in Russian).
- Neznanov NS, Makarova IV, Gazaryan KG. Localization of fragments binding nuclear proteins in the promoter region of the human alpha-I-antitrypsin gene. Mol Gen Mikrobiol Virusol. 1991 Aug; (8):26-29 (in Russian).
- Makarova I, Carpenter D, Khan S, Ip W. A conserved region in the tail domain of vimentin is involved in its assembly into intermediate filaments. Cell Motility and the Cytoskeleton. 1994; 28(3):265-277.
- Makarova IV, Neznanov NS, Tsymbaliuk ES, Andreeva LE, Manuilova ES, Grivennikov IA, Tarantul VZ, Serov SM, Adamson ED, Gazaryan KG. Targeting the gene for platelet-derived growth factor A-chain (PDGF-A) and preparation of chimeric mice with a "knockout" genome. Mol Gen Mikrobiol Virusol. 1997; (4):23-25 (in Russian).
- Makarova AV, Gening LV, Makarova IV, Tarantul VZ. Activity of error-prone DNA polymerase iota in different periods of house mouse Mus musculus ontogeny. Ontogenez. 2008 Sep-Oct; 39(5):367-373 (in Russian).
- Kozikova LV, Smirnov AF, Lukina NA, Nekrasova AA, Khaidarova NV, Makarova IV, Sleptsova LA, Andreeva LE. Generation of chimeric and transgenic animals with expressed reporter genes. Probl Biol Prod Anim. 2011; (1):35-38 (in Russian).
- Makarova IV, Kazakov AA, Makarova AV, Khaidarova NV, Kozikova LV, Nenasheva VV, Gening LV, Tarantul VZ, Andreeva LE. Transient expression and activity of human DNA polymerase iota in loach embryos. Biotechnol Lett. 2012 Feb; 34(2):205-212.
- Lakhin AV, Efremova AS, Makarova IV, Grishina EE, Shram SI, Tarantul VZ, Gening LV. Effect of Mn(II) on the error-prone DNA polymerase iota activity in extracts from human normal and tumor cells. Mol Gen Mikrobiol Virusol. 2013; (1):14-20 (in Russian).
- Zakhidov ST, Rudoy VM, Dement’eva OV, Mudzhiri NM, Makarova IV, Zelenina IA, Andreeva LE, Marshak TL. Effect of ultrasmall gold nanoparticles on the murine native sperm chromatin. Izv RAN. Ser Biol. 2015; (6):265-272 (in Russian).