Kostrov Sergey Viktorovich | Institute of Molecular Genetics
Doctor of Chemistry
Professor, Corresponding Member of the Russian Academy of Sciences
Division of IMG:
Main research interests
Structural and functional organization of protein molecules:
- protealysins, their precursors and accompanying proteins;
- neurotrophin’s precursors and their functions;
- carbohydrate-binding modules, their organization and combining strategy.
Novel vector systems:
- comparative quantitative estimation of the efficiency of different vector systems;
- viral proteases, their interaction with mammalian cells and engineering of artificial toxins.
Markers and models for the analysis of pathological conditions:
- proprotein convertases in human tumors;
- Danio rerio as a model for analysis of biologically active antitumor compounds.
1989 up to now – Professor at the Chair of Biotechnology and Industrial Pharmacy, Moscow Technological University (Lomonosov Moscow State University of Fine Chemical Technologies);
Scientific Advisor of 8 theses for the degree of Candidate of Sciences; Consultant of 1 dissertation for the degree of Doctor of Sciences.
Awards, achievements, memberships
2005 – The Program “Prominent Researchers. Candidates and Doctors of Sciences, RAS: the Winner;
2008 – Corresponding Member; Russian Academy of Sciences;
Chief Editor of the Journal “Molecular Genetics, Microbiology and Virology”, Moscow
Member of the Editorial Board of the Journal “Biotechnology”, Moscow [In Russian];
Member of the Scientific Council, Institute of Molecular Genetics, RAS;
Member of the Council for Theses and Dissertations (D 212.120.01) at the Moscow Technological University (Lomonosov Moscow State University of Fine Chemical Technologies);
Member of the Scientific and Technological Council at the National Research Center “Kurchatov Institute”;
Member of the Experts’ Council of the “Russian Foundation for Fundamental Studies”.
The Author of 92 research publications (articles, monographs, patents) in Russia and overseas.
The list of publications in 2015:
- Shubin A.V., Demidyuk I.V., Lunina N.A., Komissarov A.A., Roschina M.P., Leonova O.G., Kostrov S.V. Protease 3C of Hepatitis A Virus Induces Vacuolization of Lysosomal/Endosomal Organelles and Caspase-independent Cell Death. // BMC Cell Biol. 2015. V. 16(4).
- Demidyuk I.V., Gromova T.Yu., Kostrov S.V. The propeptide is required for in vivo formation of active protealysin. // Protein Pept Lett. 2015. V. 22. № 6. P. 509-513.
- Safina D.R., Surin A.M., Pinelis V.G., Kostrov S.V. Effect of neurotrophin-3 precursor on glutamate-induced calcium homeostasis deregulation in rat cerebellum granule cells. // J Neurosci Res. 2015. V.93(12). P. 1865-1873.