Esyunina Daria Мikhailovna | Institute of Molecular Genetics
Doctor of Philosophy (Biology)
without academic rank
Division of IMG:
Laboratory of molecular genetics of microorganisms
Laboratory of RNA biology and epigenetics
Main research interests
1) transcription regulation in cyanobacteria
2) study of small nucleic acid biogenesis by bacterial Argonaute proteins
3) developing plasmid-based system with inducible transcription, translation and replication
4) developing in vivo and in vitro systems to study interactions of RNA-polymerase with other molecular machines
5) investigation of transcription-coupling processes
Partial results in these fields are present in publications.
Awards, achievements, memberships
2017 – Medal of Russian Academy of Science for young scientists
2014 - best poster prize on 76th Harden Conference Total Transcription, September 2014 – Poster Prize of 76th Harden Conference
2014 - 2016 “The Future of Molecular Genetics” Fellowship, Institute of Molecular Genetics, Moscow, 2003-2005
2010 - M.S. with honors, Moscow State University
2009 - R.B. Khesin prize for undergraduate work
2005 - Silver Medal in the 16th International Biology Olympiad - Beijing, China.
- Petushkov I, Esyunina D, Mekler V, Severinov K, Pupov D, Kulbachinskiy A. Interplay between σ region 3.2 and secondary channel factors during promoter escape by bacterial RNA polymerase. Biochem J. 2017 Dec 1;474(24):4053-4064.
- Petushkov I, Esyunina D, Kulbachinskiy A. Possible roles of σ-dependent RNA polymerase pausing in transcription regulation. RNA Biol. 2017 Dec 2;14(12):1678-1682.
- Miropolskaya N, Esyunina D, Kulbachinskiy A. Conserved functions of the trigger loop and Gre factors in RNA cleavage by bacterial RNA polymerases. J Biol Chem. 2017 Apr 21;292(16):6744-6752.
- Agapov A, Olina A, Esyunina D, Kulbachinskiy A. Gfh factors and NusA cooperate to stimulate transcriptional pausing and termination. FEBS Lett. 2017 Mar;591(6):946-953.
- Petushkov I, Esyunina D, Kulbachinskiy A. σ38-dependent promoter-proximal pausing by bacterial RNA polymerase. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017 Apr 7;45(6):3006-3016.
- Agapov A, Esyunina D, Pupov D, Kulbachinskiy A. Regulation of transcription initiation by Gfh factors from Deinococcus radiodurans. Biochem J. 2016 Dec 1;473(23):4493-4505.
- Esyunina D, Agapov A, Kulbachinskiy A. Regulation of transcriptional pausing through the secondary channel of RNA polymerase. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016 Aug 2;113(31):8699-704.
- Esyunina D, Turtola M, Pupov D, Bass I, Klimašauskas S, Belogurov G, Kulbachinskiy A. Lineage-specific variations in the trigger loop modulate RNA proofreading by bacterial RNA polymerases. Nucleic Acids Res. 2016 Feb 18;44(3):1298-308.
- Esyunina DM, Kulbachinskiy AV. Purification and Characterization of Recombinant Deinococcus radiodurans RNA Polymerase. Biochemistry (Mosc). 2015 Oct;80(10):1271-8.
- Esyunina D, Klimuk E, Severinov K, Kulbachinskiy A. Distinct pathways of RNA polymerase regulation by a phage-encoded factor. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015 Feb 17;112(7):2017-22.
- Basu RS, Warner BA, Molodtsov V, Pupov D, Esyunina D, Fernandez-Tornero C, Kulbachinskiy A, Murakami KS. Structural basis of transcription initiation by bacterial RNA polymerase holoenzyme. J Biol Chem. 2014 Aug 29;289(35):24549-59.
- Tagami S, Sekine S, Minakhin L, Esyunina D, Akasaka R, Shirouzu M, Kulbachinskiy A, Severinov K, Yokoyama S. Structural basis for promoter specificity switching of RNA polymerase by a phage factor. Genes Dev. 2014 Mar 1;28(5):521-31.
- Miropolskaya N*, Esyunina D*, Klimasauskas S, Nikiforov V, Artsimovitch I, Kulbachinskiy A. Interplay between the trigger loop and the F loop during RNA polymerase catalysis. Nucleic Acids Res. 2014 Jan;42(1):544-52.
- Pupov D*, Esyunina D*, Feklistov A, Kulbachinskiy A. Single-strand promoter traps for bacterial RNA polymerase. Biochem J. 2013 Jun 1;452(2):241-8.
- Berdygulova Z*, Esyunina D*, Miropolskaya N, Mukhamedyarov D, Kuznedelov K, Nickels BE, Severinov K, Kulbachinskiy A, Minakhin L. A novel phage-encoded transcription antiterminator acts by suppressing bacterial RNA polymerase pausing. Nucleic Acids Res. 2012 May;40(9):4052-63.
- Zhilina E, Esyunina D, Brodolin K, Kulbachinskiy A. Structural transitions in the transcription elongation complexes of bacterial RNA polymerase during sigma-dependent pausing. Nucleic Acids Res. 2012 Apr;40(7):3078-91.